Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Borough Market!!

On a lovely Saturday morning I decided to go and visit the Borough Market. Since I already stayed by my best friend's dormitory and she lives down the street we got up early in order to get some breakfast. I have never seen a place so packed in such a long time. There were masses of people either trying to get some food, simply visit, or haggling for the best things. We immediately bought ourselves some fresh squeezed juice. It was delicious although expensive. From then on we walked around in search of breakfast. I passed so many new types of food I have never seen before in my entire life. What was nice is that many of the stalls would give out samples so to a certain extent I didn't even need to buy breakfast! I eventually decided to settle for a falafel. This decision became tough since I wasn't sure whether I wanted that or the bread with melted cheese on it. This opened my eyes entirely to the new type of London where the stereotype that London food is awful is definetely not true. Borough Market was one of my favorite experiences especially since I love people and food. You would assume the people who work there would get nasty due to the crowds but they were the sweetest making the experience even more lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment