Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Harrods!

To continue on with my fashion scheme I decided to make an appearance at Harrods. Initially I took a tour of the whole outside of the building. I passed by the Diana and Dodi memorial. I found it interesting that at the time people still left out flowers underneath the memorial. It shows how this tragedy still affects the British today. Though upon going to Harrods twice, I found out that it had been sold by the original owners. During the sale they had asked the new owners to not remove the memorial of Diana and Dodi. Apparently they did not listen because the second time I came, the outside memorial was nowhere to be found. Afterwards I proceeded inside. The inside was gorgeous. Each room had a different theme ranging from Egyptian to Christmas. The store held all the best fashion spots ranging from Chanel to Burberry. I found it astonishing to see the amount of people in the store but yet how little people bought. Harrods has become a huge tourism site where people literally go to window shop. What I enjoyed the most was the new Christmas world. I thought it fantastic and new. The food market was all the more better. All the different ranges of foods that not even Borough Market could provide were all featured in Harrods. Although the prices were way out of hand, it was interesting to see so many new fruits that I did not know even existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment